Senior Software Engineer – Middle Tier/Backend
TriNetX is a healthcare startup located in the Greater Boston area. We are creating a global health research network that enables healthcare organizations, biopharma, and contract research organizations to collaborate, enhance trial design, accelerate recruitment and bring new therapies to market faster.
Our customer base and network is growing rapidly and we are expanding our Engineering team. We are looking for an extremely talented, energetic, and motivated individual to join us as a Senior Engineer. We are a small group and you will have a big impact on the success of our product and company. You will be focused on the middle and backend tiers of our platform where we are working on a federated query and analytics engine. As a key member of our team, you will use your technical skills, prowess, and ingenuity, to develop all aspects of a significant area of our platform. You will be responsible for overall design and code quality. You will ensure your solutions are secure, scalable, testable, and maintainable and are aligned with other areas of the system. You will also be responsible for planning out development work using agile techniques, and tracking progress.
We are seeking candidates that can operate across one or more domains whether it be designing stateless micro services, building out our medical terminology solution, enhancing our collaboration and social platform, or designing and implementing our real-time, federated analytics platform.
If you’re interested in working for a company that is making a great impact in the healthcare field along with having a great team and fun company culture, please respond with a copy of your most recent resume along with your current contact information.
Our Engineering Environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The detailed design and implementation of a significant module or subsystem
- Ensuring that your solutions are secure, manageable, scalable and testable
- Assisting with the establishment of the engineering organization’s development practices by contributing to the implementation of agile tools, source control, build, defect tracking, QA environment, etc.
- Collaborate with our team, presenting your concepts and ideas to the rest of the team, and driving the development activities
- Performing code reviews
- Evaluating and recommending the use of tools and technologies
- Communicating status and tracking work activities via Agile development tools and practices
- Help grow our team by participating in the hiring process and mentoring new team members
- Document the architecture and design idioms you have established
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge of Java
- Experience in one or more additional languages (Go, Scala, Groovy, Python, Ruby) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and deploying distributed, REST-based systems
- Experience with one or more of the following areas:
- System security (identity management, access control, auditing and penetration)
- Distributed computing and message queues
- Workflow technology
- SQL and various RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySql)
- NoSQL architectures; specifically, Mongo and Redis
- Data analytics, ontologies, and semantic web technologies (RDF, OWL and SKOS, etc.)
- Health informatics and associated platforms (e.g., i2b2)
- Ability to design solutions for long term maintainability
- Great communication skills keeping management and your peers apprised of risks, issues and overall status
- You must be a self-starter, take initiative and work independently, but not in isolation
- Experience developing and delivering solutions for commercial use, hosted solutions preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Motivated to work as part of a startup which at times requires chipping in wherever needed
- Healthcare experience is a significant plus
- Experience developing applications for AWS is a plus
TriNetX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Interested in joining our community? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.