Engineer and Data Scientist
TriNetX is a healthcare startup located in Cambridge, MA. We are creating a global health research network that enables healthcare organizations, biopharma, and contract research organizations to collaborate, enhance trial design, accelerate recruitment and bring new therapies to market faster.
Our customer base and network is growing rapidly and we are expanding our Engineering and Data Science capabilities. We are looking for an extremely talented, energetic, and motivated individual to join us and focus on expanding our health analytics capabilities. We are a small group and you will have a big impact on the success of our product and company. Our analytics cover a broad range of needs including: a recommendation engine for designing clinical trials, models that predict and support patient recruitment, and various statistical analyses that enable real world evidence and observational trials. As a key member of our team, you will use your technical skills, prowess, and ingenuity, to develop all aspects of a rapidly expanding area of our overall platform.
If you’re interested in working for a company that is making a great impact in the healthcare field along with having a great team and fun company culture, please respond with a copy of your most recent resume along with your current contact information.
Our Engineering Environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement productized health analytics capabilities in one or more areas including: trial design, site and patient recruitment, epidemiology, and real world evidence
- Publish scientific findings on behalf of TriNetX and in conjunction with our customers
- Develop methods to test and validate our analytical models for the rigors of health research
- Ensuring that your solutions are secure, manageable, scalable, and testable
- Collaborate with our team, presenting your concepts and ideas to the rest of the team, and driving the development activities necessary for delivery
- Perform code and design reviews
- Evaluate and recommend the use of tools and technologies
- Document the architecture and design idioms you have established
- Help grow our team by participating in the hiring process and mentoring new team members
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree or PhD preferred
- Experience with one or more statistical languages (Python, R, SAS etc.)
- Experience with one or more additional languages (Java, Go, Scala, Ruby etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and deploying statistical capabilities in a product setting
- Experience in one or more of the following methods/areas:
- Statistical methods including: logistic regression, propensity score matching (PSM) or related methods to reduce bias, Kaplan-Meier (K-M) or related methods for handling incomplete data, and hazard ratios or related methods to assess outcomes
- Time series and longitudinal analysis in the context of forecasting/prediction
- Machine learning, Bayesian statistics, or Markov models applied in on or more contexts
- Real World Evidence (RWE) or observational trials
- Health analytics, ontologies, and semantic web technologies (RDF, OWL, SKOS, etc.)
- Ability to design solutions for long term maintainability
- Great communication skills so that you keep your team apprised of risks, issues, and status
- You must be a self-starter, take initiative, and work independently, but not in isolation
- Experience developing and delivering solutions for commercial use, hosted solutions preferred
- Healthcare experience is a significant plus
- Experience developing applications for AWS is a plus
TriNetX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Interested in joining our community? Please send your resume to email@example.com.