TriNetX is a healthcare startup located in Cambridge, MA. We are creating a global health research network that enables healthcare organizations, biopharma, and contract research organizations to collaborate, enhance trial design, accelerate recruitment and bring new therapies to market faster.
Our customer base and network is growing rapidly and we are expanding our Infrastructure team. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer that will help build tooling and infrastructure that accelerates our ability to meet the needs of our team and customers. Our perfect candidate is someone willing to learn our infrastructure and tools while discovering new approaches to solve challenging problems. In doing so, you will be an integral member of the engineering team, you will build solutions that are secure, scalable, testable, and maintainable, and, you will be fearless in leveraging the latest technologies to script yourself out of a job.
If you’re interested in working for a company that is making a great impact in the healthcare field along with having a great team and fun company culture, please respond with a copy of your most recent resume along with your current contact information.
Our Engineering Environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve automation tools for on-demand provisioning and scaling of AWS resources and deployment of proprietary services
- Architect, implement, and manage environments which utilize best practices in automation
- Automate configuration of monitoring tools to enhance our awareness of the availability and utilization of AWS resources
- Set up, secure, configure and maintain our AWS based infrastructure for development, testing, staging and production
- Ongoing system monitoring and management activities including participation in PagerDuty rotation
- Evolve our engineering practices by contributing to the implementation of agile tools, source control, build, defect tracking, continuous deployment, etc.
- Collaborate with our team, presenting your concepts and ideas to the rest of the team, and driving development activities
- Perform code and design reviews
- Communicate status and track work activities using Agile tools and practices
- Document the architecture and design idioms you have established
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of systems design for both cloud hosted and on premises solutions
- Practical experience with Ubuntu or similar Linux (administration, configuration, troubleshooting and scripting)
- Hands-on experience using AWS technologies (EC2, S3, EBS, Route53, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail)
- Knowledge of network design and administration (DNS , VPC, subnets, firewall rules, load balancers)
- Experience in secure communications and compliance (ssh, SSL/TSL, IDS)
- Experience with various automation tools for software build/release and server configuration/maintenance (Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, Packer etc.) Ansible strongly preferred and transitioning to Ansible expected
- Understanding of service discovery with tools like Consul or Etcd
- Understanding of logging infrastructure, and Elasticsearch/ELK
- Experience coding/scripting in a variety of languages (Bash, Java, Ruby, Python, Go etc.)
- Extremely comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience with various source code repositories (GIT, SVN)
- Ability to design solutions for long term maintainability
- Great communication skills so that you keep your team apprised of risks, issues, and status
- You must be a self-starter, take initiative, and work independently, but not in isolation
- You keep yourself up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Experience using Terraform, Consul, Packer
- Experience using New Relic, DataDog
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Vault
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with MongoDB
- Exposure to Docker
- Exposure to Redis
- Exposure to Vertica
TriNetX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Interested in joining our community? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.